how boys and girls are different

Two days ago:

Him-the-boy: "Ok, give me my task list for tonight."

Me-the-girl: "Throw away 27 things."

Him-the-boy: "27? Why 27? Is there a reason for the 27?

Me-the-girl: "Because it's the number I picked."

Him-the-boy: "Ok, what things do I throw away? My things?"

Me-the-girl: "No, trash. Not your things - trash. Like empty, open envelopes."

Him-the-boy: "hmm. Ok."


Today.

Him-the-boy, holding a brand new box of unused envelopes: "I didn't do my 27 things. Should I throw these?"

Me-the-girl, staring in confusion: "Um, no ... why would you throw out my brand new box of envelopes? Is there something wrong with them?"

Him-the-boy:"oh, no, um, you said throw away open envelopes, so I thought these."

Long, Long Pause.

Him-the-boy:"ohhhhhhh. you probably meant like the envelopes we've opened from the mail, huh?"

...

Of course there's that other stuff, too.

1 Response to "how boys and girls are different"